Art Fight 2020 Theme Reveal and Early Bird Registration
Hello everyone, are you excited for Art Fight yet? You should be, because we have some nice surprises coming up!
It’s become a tradition to animate a short video revealing the theme. This year, we revealed the 2020 Art Fight theme on stream. If you missed the stream, find the video here! We chose to spice things up this year and also incorporated a summer/autumn kind of feeling to the themes. We hope you like them!
Early Bird Registration - Pick your team!
Yes, as we stated before, you will be able to pick your team early by clicking on this google form and following the instructions. Please be aware that you won’t get on your team immediately, it will take some time to process. The form will close before July 1st.
If you want to get further updates, make sure you join our Discord Server to get fast announcements. As well, check out our Twitter!
Maturity Filters Update
Upon feedback from you, we’ll be slightly revamping the maturity filters and their rules. You’ll see an announcement for that later on!
We’re proud to announce that the rating system got a big update! You’ll see a variety of new options when rating an attack. Please be sure to look over the Attack Guide before making an attack to see where your art may fall!
Here are some of the changes made for this year:
- There is a new overarching Attack Type section, which includes "Drawing", "3D Modeling" and "Crafts!" These will offer different options in the drop down menu, and will have relevant scorings.
- The new Craft category allows you to chose from: Textile, Clay, Heavy-Metal Work, Food Art, Bead Work, and Paper Craft.
- The new 3D Modeling category lets you choose from Model or Sculpt, Texture types, and Lighting types.
- Animation now has two parts for scoring. The length, and technique. Technique allows you to choose between Frame-By-Frame, Tweening/Stop-Motion, and 3D animation.
- There is a new Polish check-mark. This allows you to give your attack bonus points for any extra effort you may have put into your piece!
- Single-Tone Shading and Multi-Tone Shading have been combined into one Fully-Shaded category.
- Simple Scene and Complex Scene have been combined into one Scene category.
- Painting has been moved from the Finish category to the Coloring category.
- Point numbers have been rebalanced all around!
As you may have noticed, we now have a dark theme available! We did switch everyone to this theme temporarily, but you're more than welcome to change back to light theme here.
We hope you are as excited as we are for Art Fight 2020! Let’s make this a good year.