LAST EDITED: July 23rd, 2021
-Added rule 17a
-Edited Rule 8
Definition: Art Fight space refers to anywhere on the site, on the Discord chat, or associated with any of our social media accounts. All of the following rules apply to all Art Fight spaces.
1. You must be 13 years of age or older to register for and use Art Fight.
2. Only one account is allowed per person.
3. Do not attempt to impersonate any members, especially staff.
4. Art Fight aims to be a safe place for all users. Hateful or discriminatory content and behavior is prohibited site-wide and will be removed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Transphobic and homophobic views
- Racist views
- Ableist views
- Sexist views
- Use of slurs
5a. Links to your social media that may contain 18+ content is allowed only if the site has proper 18+ filters and is applied properly.
6. Content that is illegal to depict under federal United States law is not allowed in any form. This includes user-submitted content, profiles, user permissions, icons, etc., even if cropped or censored.
7. Content that may violate, harm, or threaten the safety or personal rights of anyone is not allowed, including disclosing people's personal information.
8. Disrespect and/or harassment of other users will not be tolerated. This includes publicly calling out others and DNI/"Do not interact" lists. Please bring concerns directly to a moderator or use the report button.
9. Do not insult or mock anyone’s art or characters. This includes bashing certain species or art styles, as well as your own art!
10. All users, minors included, are allowed to post content containing nipples of all genders (with moderate nudity filter applied, this is mandatory) as long as it is purely artistic with no sexual themes present. Minors are prohibited from sharing, receiving, or requesting art that contains genitals and/or sexual themes.
11. Do not spam or link any potentially malicious and/or illegal content on the site.
12. Attacks must be your own work, with some leeway stated below in the Attack rules. You are required to credit any other piece of work that is not your own. This includes:
- When submitting a character, please credit the original designer.
- When uploading character images, please credit the artists.
- When uploading content containing pre-made assets, please credit the art program or original creator of the asset. (See Rule #16 for information).
- When uploading content that has a photo background, the photographer must be credited. (See Rule #17 for information).
- Directly using an image you didn't create, tracing, directly referencing someone else's artwork, or using someone else's art as a component of your work without permission.
15. In the event someone wants to physically send their crafted/traditional attack to you, Art Fight does not condone or take responsibility for any shared personal info. Exchange of address happens at the person’s own risk. We do not recommend minors to give out their address without permission from a parent or guardian first.
These are rules that apply to all art submitted as attacks. For information about how to rate an attack, please go here.
New: As of Art Fight 2021, there is now a limit of 100 characters per attack.
16. All art created as an attack for Art Fight must both be unique per attack, and created during the duration of Art Fight. All attacks must be your own work.
- Bases and reused works, lines, backgrounds, and other elements are disallowed.
- Pre-made brushes and assets are okay, but excessive use of pre-made brushes (such as for trees, etc.) must be rated as "No Background".
- Photo backgrounds are allowed as long as you have taken the photograph yourself.
- Permission is given by the photographer. (i.e paid photos, written permission, free domain.)
- The image is an asset from your art program, credit must be stated to the program.
Note: Photo Backgrounds must be rated as No Background. Photos of your own traditional artwork are just fine, as we do allow traditional as well as digital work on Art Fight. Credit must be stated to the original source or creator, even if you are the photographer/creator.
18. All art submitted as an attack must clearly display effort and respect the original characters’ designs and form. Any art that differs greatly from the original design is subject to removal at moderator discretion, examples being:
- Art with an extreme over-simplification of a character’s original design.
- Intentional changes to the character’s design making them unrecognizable as the original.
These are rules that apply to all art submitted as characters.
New: There is now a limit of 100 characters per user. In addition to this change, "Character Archiving" is a feature that will allow you to "keep" characters beyond the 100 limit. Archived characters will not be attackable and will have minimal profiles, but their names and any attacks made on them will still be visible to users. Archived characters may later be restored to an active profile, though they will need to have images and text re-added. More information on archiving will come when the feature releases.
20. Only upload characters that belong to you, or that you have permission (with proof ready, just in case a moderator asks) to use. Do not upload images that you do not have permission or the rights to use in characters and attacks.
21. Do not directly copy characters from any media with copyright laws around them. Please message a moderator if you have any concerns or character designs you are unsure about. This includes characters based on real life people (excluding yourself), characters based on other people’s personas, and characters cosplaying as other characters from existing media.
22. Fandom characters that expand upon any pre-existing media, setting, or species are allowed on Art Fight, but credit is always required. Give credit to the original artist or media inspiration in the 'Additional Credits' section of your character. Be sure to include the media/series name and the author/creator.
23. Alternate universe fan characters and characters that are visually inspired by canon characters are allowed to a certain extent. These characters must be immediately recognizable as visually and creatively different from their original appearance to be accepted on Art Fight. Credit to the original inspiration is required in the “Additional Credits” section.
24. Simple objects with no features or characterizations (e.g. a blue ball with no features) are not acceptable due to heavy simplicity. This is due to potential point abuse and also takes away the creative aspect of Art Fight.
25. Posting real life photos of yourself for a character reference is ok as long as you are not a minor. This is to ensure the safety of underage users on the site.
26. Characters made with any site that combines pre-made, uncredited art is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to artbreeder.com, thisfursonadoesnotexist.com, and waifulabs.com. Images that generate using AI are also included in this rule.
Spirit of Art Fight
While Art Fight features a competition between two teams, at its core it is a game that celebrates characters and giving back to fellow creators. Our goal is to create a positive environment where artists of all skill levels can participate and make art for one another.
1. All art needs to be made specifically for Art Fight during the duration of the event. Art from the Art Fight Minigames, commissioned art, previous artwork, and other art events does not count, and should not be uploaded as an attack.
2. Do not sell or trade any designs you receive by others, unless you receive permission by the creator.
3. Do not use art gained from or made for Art Fight for profit (e.g. character sales, trades, auctions, etc). Creating a character to gain art with the intention of selling it is prohibited.
4. No user is obliged to attack back. Do not beg or otherwise manipulate others to attack you, this includes comments, attacks, and messages.
5. Do not collaborate with others when making attacks. This creates an unfair advantage.
6. Attacks with obvious intended low effort or attempts to point farm will be removed at moderator discretion. See Attack Rule 16.
7. Being aggressive and combative to the other team is not acceptable in any form. Be kind to users on the opposing team!
8. Point-keeping, defined as regularly announcing the current scores of the teams, is not acceptable onsite or on the Discord.
9. General art sales are temporarily allowed to be advertised on your profile via links due to recent world events. Commission sales must not include 18+ content and cannot be used as a tax or bargaining chip (e.g. attack for payment, payment for attack, etc). Doing so will result in severe consequences.
10. Respect the character permissions of every user. Failing to properly do so will result in attack removal.