Click here to see the about video!
Illustrated by Queijac
Art Fight is an annual art game that lasts for 1 month. Users can register on the site to join in. Each year, participants are split into two teams to which they are assigned randomly.
Players "attack" people of the opposing team by making art of original characters you choose belonging to members of the other team. You are free to use most any style (see Attack Rules section of Rules). Your team receives points based on what you create for the other team with each attack.
The artist that receives the attack can then counter that attack by drawing the character belonging to the person who attacked them, or pay it forward by attacking a different person on the other team.
At the end of the month, the team with the greater score wins.
Some other things to note:
- "Defenses" on peoples profiles are just the attacks that the person received.
- Extra points can be gained by voting on other peoples' attacks anonymously, which means the more effort you put into your attacks, the more likely you'll get more points!
- Battle ratio is the amount of art received versus given. People with a higher battle ratio are more likely to be a target to the other team, as they are a bigger threat.
Art Fight was created in 2007 by Blankit. It was run on a petsite forum until 2013 when it got made into its very own site! However, the creator was not able to continue running it in 2014. So in 2015, the concept was given to Takaia and was ran on a forum site in 2015 temporarily until she could help develop this site. This site has only been around since 2016!
Each year the 2 teams are based on a theme. The past official themes include:
- Past vs Future
- Day vs Night
- Land vs Sea
- Pirates vs Ninjas
- Dream vs Nightmare - 2013
- Zombies vs Hunters - 2014
- Color vs Monochrome - 2015