LAST EDITED: May 24th, 2020: Minor clarification
1. LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Our legal grounds to use or disclose your personal data include:
- Consent: In cases where required by law and some others, we handle personal data on the basis of your implied or express consent.
- Contract: Much of our processing of personal data is in order to fulfill our contractual obligations with you, or to take steps at your request in anticipation of entering into a contract with you. We handle personal data on this basis of creating your account and providing our services.
- Vital Interests: We may process your personal data to protect the vital interests of any user or another person, such as to help resolve an emergency situation when you are incapable of giving consent to the processing of your data.
- Legitimate interests: We process your personal data on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. This includes:
- Providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- Customer service;
- Protecting our users, staff, and property;
- Analyzing and improving Art Fight, for example, collecting information about how you use Art Fight to aid in the optimization of certain features;
- Managing legal situations.
- allowing you to access our services
- replying to your inquiries via email or otherwise
- preventing fraud and abuse on Art Fight, including preventing multiple accounts per person and users under the age of 13 from signing up or participating.
- improving content and functionality of Art Fight and to better understand our users.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect information you voluntarily provide when you register an account with or access artfight.net. This information includes but may not be limited to:
- email address
- messages, images, or other content you send or submit to Art Fight
- your name associated with your PayPal account
- your PayPal email address
- how much you donated
- the date/time you donated
- your associated Discord username, should you provide one
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We automatically collect and store certain information when you register for and use features on artfight.net including:
- your IP address
- your registration date
- your activities within Art Fight
We may store this information in our database. Art Fight may use such information and combine it with other information to track larger demographics, for example, the total number of registered users on Art Fight.
4. INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHERS
Only other logged in users can view your information outside any that may be displayed on the home page. You share the following information to other users:
- your username
- your registration date
- anything you choose to provide on your profile like social media links and characters
- any messages you send through Art Fight private messages.
- your "last seen" time (you can opt out of this in your settings
5. INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
We share your email address with our email management service Mailgun so that you can get account confirmation and password reset emails.
We may share your information if required by law or in the good faith belief that sharing is necessary to comply with legal obligation, protect and defend the rights or property of Art Fight, protect the personal safety of users and staff of Art Fight or the public, or protect against legal liability.
6. INFORMATION SHARED WITH THE PUBLIC
We do not share your information with the public except for the limited information that is displayed on the home page. Only the home page and information pages can be accessed if logged out.
7. DATA RETENTION
We retain your donation information for 7 years unless you ask us to remove it before then.
Mailgun keeps email records for 30 days.
8. DATA CHOICES AND RIGHTS
MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can update certain information associated with your account on the Settings Pages. In addition, you can request other modifications of your personal data directly by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject “Personal Data Request” and an explanation of what data subject right you are seeking to exercise. For your protection, we may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
To disable your account, you can email the admins at [email protected] When disabling your account, you may choose to have us delete your personal information from it. Once you disable your account, you will no longer have access to it. Creating a new account after disabling your first account is against the Terms of Service. Complete account deletion is currently not supported.
You can opt out of the analytics related cookie processing by following the instructions in the section titled “cookies”
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data.
If you are in the European Economic Area, Canada, Costa Rica and some other jurisdictions outside the United States, you have certain legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold your personal data, to access personal data we hold about you (in some cases including in portable form), and to correct, update, amend or delete your data when appropriate. You may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent. You will also not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
DATA ACCESS REQUESTS
If you would like to submit a data access request, you can do so by emailing us at [[email protected]][email protected][/url] with the subject line “Data Access Request [YOUR USERNAME HERE]”. We will provide you with access to the personal data that Art Fight has on you within 30 days.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will do our very best to resolve your concern.
9. DATA TRANSFER
Any financial information obtained from you is that which PayPal sends to us following a donation, as described above. Paypal does not give us access to any credit card numbers or bank account information.
We encrypt your Art Fight account password in our system, and no users or staff will have access to your password unless you explicitly request a manual password reset. Art Fight staff will never ask you for your password. You are encouraged to have a strong password and never share it with anyone. Any other personal information other than what was described in the section detailing what you share with other users can only be accessed by Admins and Senior Moderators.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information provided via Art Fight from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, transmissions over the internet are never fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information, whether it be on artfight.net, through email communications with Art Fight, or over Art Fight’s official Discord.
Should a data breach occur, we will notify all users within 72 hours of discovery of such a breach.
Art Fight is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use Art Fight. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn we are engaged in the processing of personal information of such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
13. CONTACTING US